The following was
adaptedborrowed-with-permission from the CoC previously in use at snouts.online:
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administrators and moderators at snouts.online. By using this instance, you agree to follow the rules below.
Please note that pawbs.club is an 18+ server. Do not join or request access if you are not 18 years of age. We will remove accounts of users that are found to be younger than 18.
Basic Guidelines for Posting
- Engage with one another in good faith
- Respect boundaries as placed by others
- Be respectful/apologize/give space as necessary if someone tells you, or implies through their actions, that you crossed a boundary
- Tag potentially upsetting content such as violence/blood, politics, and pornographic/NSFW material
- If you are worried about a situation escalating, contact the admins or a moderator
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Corporate Advertising (if you are a freelance artist, rock on and promote away, we love you!)
- Posts that do not tag potentially upsetting content behind the CW feature, including pornographic or other NSFW material, politics, violence/assault, suicide, etc.
- "Screenshot dunking," in which a user posts a screenshot of another post solely to criticize it
- Bot accounts (please use botsin.space for bot accounts!)
In addition to the tagged content above, we also ask those using a twitter crossposter to tag anything automatically posted to snouts with a "from twitter" CW or something similar.
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and will result in account suspension and revocation of access to this server:
- Racism or advocation of racism (e.g. using racist pejoratives, advocating white supremacy, etc.)
- Sexism or advocation of sexism (e.g. using sexist pejoratives, mansplaining, etc.)
- Discrimination against gender, romantic, and sexual minorities (e.g. using homophobic/transphobic/queerphobic pejoratives, invalidating others, intentionally ignoring or misusing another's pronouns, etc.)
- Ableism or advocation of ableism (e.g. using ableist pejoratives, pointing out behavior as mental illness as an insult, making light of any physical or mental disabilities that a person experiences, etc.)
- Stalking, harassment, dogpiling, and any other behavior intended to intimidate or provoke others
- Conduct promoting Nazism, xenophobia, white supremacy and any related ideology
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxxing)
- Illegal pornographic material and any analogous illustrated material (e.g. no pornographic material involving minors, including suggestive/pornographic cub art)
- Any conduct intended to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions
Behaviors to Avoid
- Microaggressions (e.g. white/man/cis-splaining, intentionally using the wrong pronouns to address someone, invalidating other peoples' identities, etc.)
- Demanding education on problematic behaviors from a non-admin/moderator. Users are welcome to educate others, but expecting it from others at all times is an unfair form of emotional labor that places the onus on the marginalized to engage at all times
- Presenting bad-faith arguments and otherwise concern-trolling
This is not an exhaustive list. If any of these don't make sense or you would like a deeper explanation, please speak with an administrator or moderator -- we are more than happy to help you understand the problems with these kinds of behavior.
Pursuant to the above, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
This instance uses Mutant Standard emoji, which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, and FxEmoji, which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.